Friday, April 26, 2013

Troubleshooting in SharePoint


New Web Application button is disabled in SharePoint 2010


I am having a fresh installation of SharePoint 2010 on my Windows 7 machine, when I tried to create new web application for creating a site collection, but the New Web application icon is disabled/greyed. So for this issue, here is the fix,

  1. Go to control Panel (win + r  shortcut key for run textbox and type control)
  2. Click on System and Security
  3. Under “Action Center” section , click on “Change User Account Control settings”
  4.  Scroll down the scrollbar to “Never Notify” as shown in below figure
  5.  Click on Ok
  6.  Restart the system ( This step is necessary)
  7. Now open the central administration as administrator
  8. Now the New Web Application button is enabled


Cannot connect to the configuration database.


        I am having a fresh installation of SharePoint 2010 on my Windows 7 machine, it was everything working fine but suddenly today I started my PC and trying to start the Central Administration then I got this error “Cannot connect to the configuration database.”
So I have done below steps to resolve this issue,

  1. Go to run text box (Win + R shortcut key)
  2. Type services.msc in the text box and press enter
  3. You will see all the list of services running; Make sure the SQL Server (SHAREPOINT) service is started if not please start the service. (In my case it was not started)
  4. Now try to access the SharePoint Central administration, you will able to do .

Note: Above resolution is for one of the cause of the issue, there might be other causes also for this issue like,

  1. SQL credentials are not matching with application pool account.
  2. There is no connectivity between application server and SQL server
  3. SQL services are down


For more details please go through this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823287

No comments:

Post a Comment